Subject: RE: [docbook-apps] Question on CDATA in XML

Thanks for answering Dave.
I did want the HTML provided within a CDATA "field" to be output as it is by the transformation (at least when transforming to HTML) (I may have been unclear. I do RTF to HTML, set the HTML content to a CDATA section in the XML, then transform the complete XML to HTML using the DB XSL).
I don't get it when you talk about adding a processing instruction (lack of knowledge on my side). I really don't need to transform the content of the CDATA Field, I just want it as it is (like it does when in the case of biblioentry section).
To add boilerplate html, I only saw means using a file, which is not my case as I have an HTML String directly. I could create a file and then add it, but I have lots of these and this will probably be inefficient. But, the good side of that is that it would probably work also for PDF output (haven't thought about this yet).

Any (more) thoughts ?
Regards,
Fabien

-----Message d'origine-----
De : Dave Pawson [mailto:davep@dpawson.co.uk]
Envoyé : vendredi 25 juin 2010 13:28
À : docbook-apps@lists.oasis-open.org
Objet : Re: [docbook-apps] Question on CDATA in XML

On Fri, 25 Jun 2010 11:18:18 +0200
"Fabien Tillier" <f.tillier@cerep.fr> wrote:

> Hi Dave
> I think everything is explained in the previous mails on that same
> thread. To make things short, I have some RTF strings that I get from
> a database, then transform as HTML so that I can set them as a CDATA
> field in the DocBook XML.

which I *think* is not what you want? You want markup 'added' somewhere
in the process of generating HTML?

 When I try to get the complete docbook
> document to HTML using the stylesheets, it works for the embedded
> CDATA in a bibliographic section, but not when in a table.

In my experience CDATA sections rarely help with processing xml
when you want markup in the output.

Is it feasible to 'drop in' a processing instruction,
then when processing through to html, add the PI processing
to insert the required 'markup'?

that is only if the context is needed. If you know what
you want added, you could simply add it at the HTML processing
stage as 'boilerplate' html?

HTH

--

regards