Subject: Re: [docbook-apps] Nested Itemized Lists

On Fri, Jun 25, 2010 at 13:11, Dick Hamilton <rlhamilton@frii.com> wrote:
> Tom,
>
> The DocBook Definitive Guide is where I'd go. The syntax descriptions
> will give you that information.

I have that book (DB v5), and the syntax was detailed, but not easy to
use in a casual reading.  I did try to figure it out by looking at the
content models. but I got lost in the maze.

What I should have done was taken the content models and broken them
down in some kind of vertical fashion to make it easier to check by
eye,  Another problem was that Relax NG validation by both nvdl and
xmllint didn't catch the errors in my two attempted nested forms

> There are also examples, though as
> editor I'm embarrassed to say that the list examples, though they
> mention nesting, don't include a nested example.

Yes, that would have helped, but you guys pack a LOT of info in that
book!  You can't cover examples of everything.

A book (or web site) with detailed examples of output vs. input would
be very useful.  The tools are described in great detail lots of
places, but hard-core complete book examples, including the
customization style sheets are hard to find (I'm still looking).  Any
chance of getting such for Docbook 5?  I scrounged all around
O'Reilly's site and couldn't find anything except final examples
generated by customized styles sheets which were not there.

Thanks, Dick.

Regards,

-Tom