Subject: RE: [docbook-apps] The compiled Saxon DocBook stylesheets doesn'tspeed anything??

No. From the xml to fo is the slowest part currently.
For the fastest xsl-fo processor it takes 13.9 seconds to transform from fo to pdf.

To transform xml to fo takes 25 seconds with the compiled stylesheets and 26 seconds with the un-compiled stylesheets. So
It is only 3% faster to use the compiled stylesheets. So why it is possible it is so slow to use the compiled stylesheets?