Subject: Generating targetset

Hi there,

  I am wondering if anyone had to deal with this issue before. My
build system is generating a list of filenames to be installed like
that:

<files>
  <file name="share/doc/Common1/Doc1/index.html"/>
  <file name="share/doc/Common1/Doc2/index.html"/>
  <file name="share/doc/Common2/Doc1/index.html"/>
  <file name="share/doc/Common3/Doc1/index.html"/>
  <file name="share/doc/Common3/Doc2/index.html"/>
</files>

  I would need to convert that input XML into the targetset structure,
where common directory need to contains multiple files, so I cannot
simply process one string at a time, but would need some kind of hash
table to find out redundancies.

Any pointer would be greatly appreciated !

Thanks
--
Mathieu