Subject: Re: [docbook-apps] Generating targetset

On Thu, Jul 8, 2010 at 4:59 PM, Dave Pawson <davep@dpawson.co.uk> wrote:
> On Thu, 8 Jul 2010 11:21:41 +0200
> Mathieu Malaterre <mathieu.malaterre@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Hi there,
>>
>>   I am wondering if anyone had to deal with this issue before. My
>> build system is generating a list of filenames to be installed like
>> that:
>>
>> <files>
>>   <file name="share/doc/Common1/Doc1/index.html"/>
>>   <file name="share/doc/Common1/Doc2/index.html"/>
>>   <file name="share/doc/Common2/Doc1/index.html"/>
>>   <file name="share/doc/Common3/Doc1/index.html"/>
>>   <file name="share/doc/Common3/Doc2/index.html"/>
>> </files>
>>
>>   I would need to convert that input XML into the targetset structure,
>

> As I said, nothing to do with docbook, why are you asking here?
> Aren't the xsl-list answers enough for you?

For the *exact* same reason there is a xmldepend.xsl as shipped in docbook:

http://docbook.svn.sourceforge.net/viewvc/docbook/trunk/contrib/xsl/xmldepend/

I believe there should be "targetset_gen.xsl" for ease of integration
of docbook with your build system.

This should have never been a question in XSL mailing list. BTW
docbook 4.5 only requires XSL 1.0, one cannot make it a requirement to
use XSL 2.0 just to be able to generate targetset/olinks files.

2cts
--
Mathieu