Subject: RE: [docbook-apps] Centering Figures in Html With CSS: No Luck!

|  -----Original Message-----
|  From: Tom Browder
|
|  In my css file I have tried these:
|
|  div.mediaobject {
|    align: center;
|  }
|  div.mediaobject {
|    text-align: center;
|  }
|
|  Neither work.

CSS has no "align" property.
"text-align: center;" works in Internet Explorer, but not in Firefox. The
following non-standard setting works in Firefox: "text-align: -moz-center;".

| But if I add in my fo file in the mediaobject block
|  attributes "align='center'", the figure centers nicely.

Yes, that's right (the "my fo file" bit confused me for a while, but I'm
sure that you meant "my DocBook file").

http://www.sagehill.net/docbookxsl/ImageAlignment.html

|  I have tried to find where DocBook does the translation from
|  css to fo so I can intervene ("customize") but haven't had much luck.

Many FO properties are modeled on similar CSS properties, but the DocBook
stylesheets do not perform any kind of CSS->FO translation. There is some
common code used by all stylesheet variants, but otherwise the stylesheets
for HTML and FO are separate.

Mauritz