Subject: Re: [docbook-apps] Nested, Itemized List Flows Into PDF Page Footer

Hi,
There are very few instances of keep-together set to "always" in the stock FO
stylesheet, and itemizedlist and listitem are are not included.  So I'm not clear why
your lists are running off the page, as there should be no keep-together properties
present.

Can you peek inside the FO at the fo:list-block and fo:list-item elements and see if
there are keep-together attributes on them?  If so, are they coming from a
customization layer, by any chance?  If not, then the keep-together mechanism is not
the problem here, and it may be a bug in how FOP handles list elements.

The DocBook list and the listitem templates will check for a keep-together processing
instruction, and it will apply the value of that only if it is present.  You could try
adding a

<?dbfo keep-together="auto" ?>

just after the start tag of the list element or the listitem element to see if that
will allow it to break.  If not, then the problem is not the keep-together property,
but some other issue with FOP.