Subject: Re: [docbook-apps] article / info / author / address - how do I make it appear?

> Hi Jochen

Hi, Denis,

you are my diligent tutor!
Thanks a lot for that!

> According to 'DocBook 5: The Definitive Guide'
> (http://www.docbook.org/tdg51/en/html/info.html), article/info is not
> designed to appear in output:

Well, if it comes to processing and output orientation,
I have never used to look at TDG4 resp TDG5 for the last 12 years or so,
but "always" at Bob Stayton's book.

Maybe that was a fault.

On the other hand:
How "holy" are "Processing expectations" in the TDG?
It wouldn't really be against the spirit of a DocBook "article" to show the author details,
if the user requested that on purpose,
or is this regarded as "simply incorrect" by the community and the gurus?

I mean for a "general purpose document" (be it of type "article"),
what sense does that restriction make?

I hope, I do not unnecessarily restart old discussions.
Maybe somebody points me at an ancient agreement on this matter.

> ==================
> Description

> The info element contains meta-information about the element that
> contains it.

> Processing expectations

> Suppressed.

> So I think you need to use address in a different context if you want
> it displayed. The same DocBook design document /address.html) has this
> example:

> [бн]

Alright, I will definitely do this,
as long as I don't achieve it in the place, where I actually attempt to achieve it.

> - Denis

Jochen