Subject: Re: [docbook-apps] Re: article / info / author / address - how do I make it appear?

Hi,

> I had hoped, I would find a simple switch saying "include author?".

Well, there are a lot of info elements that could appear on title pages, there are
many ways to order those elements, and there are many ways of formatting them.
Everyone has different requirements, so a simple switch would not be adequate.  That's
why Norm Walsh created the system of titlepage specification files, from which the XSL
templates are generated using a separate process.  That gives you complete control
over what elements to use, the order, and the formats.  It does make it more complex,
but it is a reasonable solution to a complex problem.

I have generally found it easiest to copy the entire titlepage.templates.xml file to a
new specification file, make any edits, process it to an XSL module, and import that
XSL module.  However, you don't have to copy the whole thing.  You could create a
smaller spec file that includes just the specs for one element like article or book.
You could not just include t:titlepage-content, though.

<t:templates ...>
  <t:titlepage t:element="article" ...>
    <t:titlepage-content t:side="recto" ...>
      <title .../>
      <author .../>
    </t:titlepage-content>