Subject: Re: [docbook-apps] chunking with xhtml-1_1 produce invalid xhtml11?

Hi,

On Wed, Jul 21, 2010 at 11:38 AM, Giuseppe Bonelli
<peppo.bonelli@gmail.com> wrote:
> The above html is not valid as per <!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD
> XHTML 1.1//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml11/DTD/xhtml11.dtd";>
> because caption does not allow p children and p does not allow div children.

My guess is that captions for HTML tables in DocBook 4.5 were not
intended to include paras (compare with
http://docbook.org/tdg5/en/html/html.caption.html), although you're
right that they don't expressly forbid them. Similarly, I think the
above would be improved if the (otherwise empty) para wrapper was
removed from the td.

In either case, both are probably bugs in the stylesheets, so please
report them http://sourceforge.net/tracker/?group_id=21935&atid=373747

You may have better luck with the CALS table model if you're aiming
for valid XHTML 1.1 output (I'm honestly not sure).

> Is this the expected behaviour starting from a valid docbook file or I
> am missing something?

May I ask why you've chosen to use the XHTML 1.1 stylesheets rather
than the XHTML 1.0 stylesheets?

Keith