Subject: Re: DocBook Website / style of the generated HTML

> "Jochen Hayek" said:

>> Tonight at the Berlin Mongers' Meeting
>> I got my first feedback regarding my new web-sites,
>> which I all set up using DocBook Website.

In the meantime I experienced more rather un-nice bashing.
Which I partially suppress with lawful threats ;-)
There was really quite some unacceptable critic.
Actually also because I mixed "some mild advertising" into certain announcements.

>> [...]
>> So is that a general and well-know critical view at the HTML generated from
>> DocBook Website?

> Indeed, Jochen.
> Generating clean HTML markup is one of the main objectives
> of our re-implementation of DocBook Website [1].

Aha, this is SinDoc's work, I am getting an idea.

John New also pointed me to his variation of "example.css" at BeagleBytes.com,
which I quite like.

Well, a couple of questions are actually these:

(1) What timescale do you have for your re-implementation?
(2) Does is make sense, to let a designer improve the CSS for my purpose?
(2) Will Website2 invalidate the CSS used for "Website-2.6", because it changes structure and/or naming (conventions)?

> Kind regards,
> SinDoc

> [1] http://wiki.docbook.org/topic/Website2

Actually, Website-3.x was already used for an intermediate version / release,
so I guess, yours should be at least Website-4 to not confuse your the Website followers.
What do you think?

Kind regards as well,
Jochen, the rough&rude Hun