Subject: RE: [docbook-apps] Docbook 4 to 5 conversion issues

I think it would be quite hard to get every bit of whitespace to appear
exactly where you want it. But the following might help a little. Add

 <xsl:apply-templates select="text()[preceding-sibling::title][1]"/>

immediately before

 <xsl:apply-templates select="title" mode="copy"/>

You could also try a pretty-printer such as xmlformat
(http://www.kitebird.com/software/xmlformat/).

Mauritz