Subject: Re: DocBook Slides : a "single quote" character within <title>.*</title> must get escaped in the Javascript for the nav. ToC ...

Well, I am always seeking perfection, often failing though! good grief! ;-)

And true: you are DocBook-wise a couple of graduation levels above me,
and that's good for me, right? :-)

> |  would that be 1.75.1 ?
> |
> |  or anything far newer than that?

> 1.75.2.

Thanks, I am trying to get hold of that.

> |  well, the single quote character problem is still alive and
> |  kicking with 1.75.1, which I tried right now.

> That is strange.
> [...]

Sorry, I recognized my fault right after sending off my response,
but I hoped, before anybody (resp. exactly you) would see it,
I would be able to give a complete statement,
which I wasn't.

Sorry for that.

I owe you something.

My new problems now look like this (namespacing...):

    xsltproc \
                html/docbook.xsl \
                slides.xml
    Writing frames.html for slides
    Writing toc.html for slides
    Element author in namespace '' encountered in authorgroup, but no template matches.
    Element firstname in namespace '' encountered in author, but no template matches.
    Element surname in namespace '' encountered in author, but no template matches.
    Element author in namespace '' encountered in authorgroup, but no template matches.
    Element firstname in namespace '' encountered in author, but no template matches.
    Element surname in namespace '' encountered in author, but no template matches.
    [...]

You saw my sample slides.xml, didn't you?

->   http://Hayek.name/Jochen/tmp/docbook-slides-example--minimal.tar.gz

What's wrong with it "under namespacing conditions"?

Thank you very, very much!!!

Jochen, the rough+rude Hun ;-)