Subject: RE: [docbook-apps] Re: html 5, as a target

IMHO, XHTML+RDFa is much more useful target.

In many scenarios, the DocBook XSLT stylesheet is not the last step in the pipeline; i.e. the output is not consumed by a web browser (at least not immediately).

Further processing is easier if structural and semantic markup is preserved (neither flattening the hierarchy nor introducing superfluous divs and spans).

It would be straightforward to downtranslate XHTML+RDFa to (X)HTML5.

kind regards

Peter Ring
Magnus Informatik A/S
a Wolters Kluwer business