Subject: Re: [docbook-apps] Biblio reference display

Hi,
I'm not able to duplicate this problem.  The output to FO or HTML will have line feed
characters before and after the xref, because there are line breaks in the source
file. Because entry allows mixed content (mixing elements and text), those literal
line feed characters are preserved in the output.  But the HTML browser and the FO
formatter should treat those line feeds as single space when generating the displayed
content.  Something else is causing the line feeds to be *displayed* as line breaks.
Do you have any customization of citation or entry with role="Tab3" that would add
formatting properties that preserve white space?  Can you peek into the FO and HTML
and see what other coding might be in there to cause that?

You can eliminate the problem in the source file by removing the line feeds:

That will also eliminate the spaces in the output.

From: "Fabien Tillier" <f.tillier@cerep.fr>
To: <docbook-apps@lists.oasis-open.org>
Sent: Tuesday, August 24, 2010 9:08 AM
Subject: [docbook-apps] Biblio reference display

Hi List.
I am generating documents (article in DB terminology) and thus get some
bibliography to handle.
It works pretty well, except that, when I generate tables, the
bibliographic link gets split like

[
195
]
When the column is too narrow.
This occurs in HTML and FOP output, thus I assume the problem is not
exactly space, as in HTML it should be managed automatically.
How can I force the display to be [195] in a single line ?
I am using this XML for display
<entry role="Tab3">
<citation>
<xref linkend="195" role="bib"/>