Subject: I18N

I'm reading a text which is very localized. It's odd words, rather than
boilerplate which I believe is the basis for docbook I18N.

Anyone any references please for best practice in this area?
I like the docbook principles, to keep all 'foreign' text out of the
main body and reference it [via some means], for XSLT processing
using the xml:lang and  a 'set' of lang files.

Could the docbook ideas be used for this?

TIA

regards
Dave Pawson
http://www.dpawson.co.uk