Subject: RE: [docbook-apps] draft.mode default to no?

I believe it was set to maybe so that the status attribute on things like chapters and sections can be used to indicate that part of a document is draft (in documents that may take months to complete, being able to indicate that part of a document is draft is important, since significant portions of the document may have already been reviewed and no longer be in draft status).

We leave the draft mode set to maybe until we get to the final production pass and then turn it off.  It does mean you have to have the draft watermark image in place, but we have been doing that since our production systems are inside a firewall and generally do not have proxies enabled.  We have to download to a workstation and then transfer files to the production system.

I would favor leaving draft.mode as is and providing clear instructions on how to set up the system so that draft works correctly.

Regards,

Larry

From: Joy Andree [mailto:joy.andree@ansys.com]
Sent: Monday, September 20, 2010 5:28 AM
To: ron@catterall.net
Cc: Bob Stayton; docbook-apps@lists.oasis-open.org

In my customization layer I set the draft mode to yes by default and only when a final build is run do I turn draft off.

On Mon, Sep 20, 2010 at 7:18 AM, Ron Catterall <ron@catterall.net> wrote:

Agreed, draft mode should be an option you request, not the default. Set draft.mode parameter to 'no' by default and then if the user decides he wants draft mode, he will ask for it and the draft page masters will be loaded.
I wonder how many people actually use draft mode.