Subject: Re: [docbook-apps] Lists on Kindle

On Thu, Sep 23, 2010 at 5:33 PM, Dick Hamilton <rlhamilton@frii.com> wrote:
> This seems to happen because the DocBook transforms generate the
> following html for a list item, and I suspect the <p> forces a break:

That's correct.

> I'm about to dive in and do a little xsl programming to clean this up,
> but it seemed like a common enough problem that someone might have
> already fixed this, and would be willing to share the solution.

The solution you're approaching is the one that has been used by other
folks, although others have gotten Calibre to do the same alterations.

While the DocBook-XSL EPUB output is designed to create EPUBs that can
be consumed by kindlegen, there are a number of simplifications,
modifications, and degradations that are useful for EPUBs destined for
kindlegen and Mobi that don't have any utility elsewhere.

Keith