Subject: epub, db2epub.py & "system cannot find the path specified"

I am getting a cryptic message when trying to run epub.xsl

I'm getting an error message on a test project for epub. I thought I
had it working a few months ago, and now I can't get anything to work.
Ultimately I plan to use db2epub.py, but I just want to get HTML
output which I can look at and confirm that the parameters are right.

With Oxygen 12/Saxon, The error message I'm getting is

SystemID: I:\My Documents\My Dropbox\xml\testepub\index.xml
Engine name: Saxon6.5.5
Severity: error

Nothing is produced.

If I run the command line:

I:\My Documents\My Docs\xml\testepub>db2epub.py index.xml --xsl="testepub.xsl
"
DEBUG:epubtools.epub:Writing file .\OEBPS\bk01-toc.html
DEBUG:epubtools.epub:Writing file .\OEBPS\ch01.html
DEBUG:epubtools.epub:Writing file .\OEBPS\toc.ncx
INFO:docbook2epub:Created epub archive as 'index.epub'

The command line does produce a valid .epub file, but I want to know
what this message is all about.

I've tried stripping out as much as possible (see below). I see some
files being written in I:\My Documents\My
Docs\xml\testepub\index\OEBPS so something is going on. I just don't
know what is triggering the message.

If I run the default HTML chunking transformation in Oxygen,
everything works ok (as does FO-PDF).

The fact remains that processing via an Oxygen XSL transform and via
command line for db2epub.py bring the same error message. Any idea
what is causing this message?

Thanks.

Robert

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<?oxygen RNGSchema="http://www.oasis-open.org/docbook/xml/5.0/rng/docbookxi.rng";
type="xml"?>
<!DOCTYPE book [
<!ENTITY % isopub SYSTEM "http://www.w3.org/2003/entities/iso8879/isopub.ent";>
%isopub;
]>
<book xmlns="http://docbook.org/ns/docbook";
xmlns:xi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XInclude";
    xmlns:xlink="http://www.w3.org/1999/xlink"; version="5.0"  xml:id="index5">
    <info>
        <title>44 Stories</title>
        <author>
            <personname>
                <firstname>robert    </firstname>
                <surname>Nagle</surname>
            </personname>
        </author>

        <volumenum>1234</volumenum>
    </info>

    <chapter xmlns="http://docbook.org/ns/docbook";
xmlns:xlink="http://www.w3.org/1999/xlink";
        version="5.0" xml:id="er-thedeal-wide">
        <title>first Test  </title>

        <para> This is a test </para>

    </chapter>

</book>
****************

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
xmlns="http://www.w3.org/1999/xhtml";
    xmlns:d="http://docbook.org/ns/docbook";
    exclude-result-prefixes="d"
version="1.0">
<xsl:import href="http://docbook.sourceforge.net/release/xsl-ns/1.75.2/epub/docbook.xsl";
/>

</xsl:stylesheet>

(note: if I switch the epub line with <xsl:import
href="http://docbook.sourceforge.net/release/xsl-ns/1.75.2/epub/docbook.xsl";
/>, things work fine).

in my Windows oyxen directory Oxygen XML Editor
12/frameworks/docbook/xsl/catalog.xml

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<catalog xmlns="urn:oasis:names:tc:entity:xmlns:xml:catalog">
  <!-- XML Catalog file for DocBook XSL-NS v1.75.2 -->
  <rewriteURI uriStartString="http://docbook.sourceforge.net/release/xsl-ns/current/";
rewritePrefix="./"/>
  <rewriteSystem
systemIdStartString="http://docbook.sourceforge.net/release/xsl-ns/current/";