Subject: xhtml/docbook.xsl performance

Hi,

We are using docbook/xhtml/docbook.xsl, to convert large d:sections of xml into html in real time for users using an application in a browser.

This can take the better part of a second to do.

Are there known ways to improve performance of these transforms?  Are some parts of the transform more expensive than others?  Should I look for docbook features we do not support and try to eliminate them from the standard transform to make it faster?

Are there other light way tools which can also turn docbook into html quickly?

Thanks,
David Link
New York.