Subject: Re: [docbook-apps] Changing font size for a chunk of text inline

Tom,
Here is what I use:

<!-- Change the font size of the block or para -->
<xsl:template match="para[@font-size]">
           <fo:block font-size="{@font-size}">
               <xsl:apply-templates/>
          </fo:block>
</xsl:template>
and you need to use <para font-size="yada-yada"> where "yada-yada" is any font-size or percentage.

Regards
Dean Nelson

In a message dated 11/09/10 06:55:43 Pacific Standard Time, tom.browder@gmail.com writes:
Is there any way to change the font size for a short piece of text?

I have tried using the <phrase> and <emphasis> tags with various
attempts at customization.  The most likely thing I thought would work
was, taking a cue from Dean Nelson's font xsl file:

<!-- a desperate hack-->
<!-- Change the font size of the emphasis (and force non-italic) -->
<xsl:template match="emphasis[@font-size]">
   <fo:inline font-size="{@font-size}" font-weight="normal"
font-style="normal">
       <xsl:apply-templates/>
   </fo:inline>
</xsl:template>

But nothing changes.

My next step is to start modding the fo file, but that won't help the
html output any.

Ideas, anyone?

Thanks,

-Tom