Subject: Re: [docbook-apps] acronyms, abbreviations, definitions

On Wed, 10 Nov 2010 07:59:54 +0100
Nathalie Sequeira <n@n-faktor.net> wrote:

> Hello again,
> since no one has replied: should I be asking this question somewhere
> else?

No, you're quite right here.

<book xmlns="http://docbook.org/ns/docbook";>
  <title></title>
  <section>
    <title></title>
    and Space Administration.  </phrase> </acronym>
    </para>
</section>
</chapter>
</book>

Your usage was perfectly good. You'll have to add a customisation layer
to process acronym as you want it.

Since docbook has no 'proper' expansion of an acronym, I've used the
universal phrase with a condition?

http://www.docbook.org/tdg/en/html/acronym.html

Perhaps you might like to submit a feature request, for the expansion
of acronym to include it's 'spelling out'?

It is IMHO a valid addition.

HTH

--

regards