Subject: RE: [docbook-apps] removing elements and attrs from <title>

Hi Mike,
Interesting idea about removing xml:id from titles. Try the following:

	<include href="docbookxi.rng">
		<define name="db.title.attlist">
			<interleave>
				<optional>
					<ref name="db.title.role.attribute"/>
				</optional>
				<interleave>
					<ref name="db.common.base.attributes"/>
					<optional>
						<ref name="db.annotations.attribute"/>
					</optional>
				</interleave>
				<ref name="db.common.linking.attributes"/>
			</interleave>
		</define>
      </include>

That seems to work...not sure if it's the best/easiest way. I just copied db.title.attlist into the include and then copied db.common.attributes replacing the <ref name="db.common.attributes"/> and then deleted the reference to db.xml.id.attribute from my copy of db.common.attributes.

I think to remove remark you just add the following inside your <include>:

<define name="db.remark">
  <notAllowed/>
</define>

You might also check out: http://www.docbook.org/docs/howto