Subject: Re: [docbook-apps] acronyms, abbreviations, definitions

Hello Dave,

thank you for the reassuring feedback :)
> Since docbook has no 'proper' expansion of an acronym, I've used the
> universal phrase with a condition?

After pondering this a bit, I do understand  why you'd qualify the
phrase with an attribute:
it's not just any old phrase, but a phrase that serves a specific
function, i.e. to expand the acronym/abbreviation.

However, I do not understand why mark it with a "condition"? It would
seem more logical to me to attribute it a "role", no?

> Perhaps you might like to submit a feature request, for the expansion
> of acronym to include it's 'spelling out'?
> http://sourceforge.net/tracker/?group_id=21935&atid=373750
>
> It is IMHO a valid addition.

Thanks for submitting this already!
I will try my luck in requesting the same for <abbrev> too, since the
improvement in accessibility can be considerable in screen reader output
for both.

Nathalie