Subject: label.from.part db 5

"If label.from.part is zero (the default), numbering of components is
not re-started within each part; instead, components are numbered
sequentially throughout each book, regardless of whether or not they
occur within part instances."

I write a book. In chapter 5 with the above set to zero (or not set,
the default) I interpret the above to mean that chapter/sect1 will be
numbered 5.1? That's not happening? Am I misinterpreting the terms
please?  The first sect is numbered 1.

--

regards

--