Subject: Fop and SVG (Again): Good News for EPS => PDF Users

I'm using DocBook 5 (with namespaces), xsltproc, and fop 1.0, on
Ubuntu 10.04 LTS, to generate html and pdf.

My five problematic svg graphics files were produced originally as
PostScript eps files which were converted to svg by importing them
into Inkscape and saving them as svg.  Try as I might I couldn't get
the spacing to look good on the pdf page.

I was about to try more desperate measures until I tried converting
from eps to svg with Scribus--excellent!  Apparently something is
wrong with Inkscape's import and bounding box interpretation but
Scribus (www.scribus.net) is the ticket for someone who creates
original vector illustrations in PostScript.

Regards,

-Tom