Subject: Multiple TOC's from a single DocBook XML set of books? One listingjust the books, another listing the books with volumes, chapters and articles?

Hi.  I keep my sys admin documentation in a set of DocBook XML books.

The default TOC gives me all the books and book parts and chapters and
articles and this is fine.  I don't need to do anything maintain or
futz with the TOC, which is great, 'cause I'm the only sysadmin in my
shop and don't have time to mess with it, anyway.

Is it possible to add a top-level TOC, to precede this full TOC?

I just want the books listed; not the parts of the books; nor the
chapters nor articles inside the books.  This is for a quick
orientation to the contents; THEN I want the full TOC to follow.

Is there any way I can do this inside the DocBook XML?  For example,
in my set.xml ?

BTW, my set.xml consists of "setinfo" and lots of include statements,
one per book:

<xi:include xmlns:xi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XInclude";  href="book1.xml" />

etc.

I hope to avoid having to delve into stylesheet or templates or
whatever.  I just want to define a 2nd TOC in the XML itself.  I want
this 2nd TOC to appear both in my HTML and PDF outputs.   Is this
possible?  If not, what would I have to do to get the 2nd TOC?

Thanks,
Aleksey