Subject: Re: [docbook-apps] Generating title for "link" element

Bob,
Yes, I would like a title attribute on the <a> element. I can specify a title for xlink:title, but the XML is then not valid. I can, however, still transform it to XHTML, but the title does not appear within the <a> element in the XHTML code. I can see that in the stylesheet inline.xsl, template "simple.xlink" SHOULD generate a title, but does not. I have declared xlink correctly in all my stylesheets.

So because the inline stylesheet doesn't work, I'm looking for a workaround that lets me generate an <a> title from the content of the link element.

Dave Gardiner