Subject: Re: [docbook-apps] Document properties in FOP are out of date

Hi Chris,
Yes, that template is out of date since it does not support author/orgname from DB5.
Could you please file a bug report on the DocBook SourceForge site about it?

Including corpauthor from DB4 in the DB5 namespaced stylesheets is not a concern.
Currently the stylesheets are written to support both DocBook 4 and 5.  The namespaced
version of the stylesheets for DocBook 5 are generated from the non-namespaced version
by a script, so they are nearly identical except for the use of the namespace prefix
on element matches.

Supporting both DB4 and DB5 with the same stylesheets is possible for two reasons:

1.  Elements in both versions have the same meaning in DB5 as they do in DB4, in
general.

2.  In a pattern-matching language like XSLT, a stylesheet can contain patterns that
never match, but don't create problems.  Since corpauthor would not be seen in a DB5
document, that pattern would never match there.  Likewise, adding support for
author/orgname will not harm the processing of a DB4 document, as that pattern would
not be seen there.

So far we have been able to maintain one set of stylesheets for both versions.  This
is highly desirable so they don't get out of synch.