Subject: HTML: suppress abstract in html body?

For HTML Output, I notice that with a parameter
(generate.meta.abstract), the value of ABSTRACT can be used to
generate  <meta description=""> information in the head.

Can anyone suggest a way to suppress the value of the abstract element
in HTML output  (i.e.,

emergency broadcast system. </p></div>

I realize that in css I could change the class to visibility: hidden,
but I want to avoid doing that if possible.
--
Robert Nagle
12777 Ashford Point Dr #1417