Subject: Re: [docbook-apps] Auto-generating an index

On Fri, Feb 4, 2011 at 10:43, Tom Browder <tom.browder@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Fri, Feb 4, 2011 at 09:12, Ron Catterall <ron@catterall.net> wrote:
>> Tom
>> I generally have a whole lot of files in a hierarchy under a root directory
>> (Xinclude) and do a global edit on the root directory (I use BBedit, but
>> other editors can do this).  Of course Perl can do the same, I'd be
>> interested in your Perl script as and when.
>
> Thanks for your interest, Ron and Paul.  I'll post it when I have a
> rudimentary system working.

I now have a rudimentary system working (partially).  It can be used
to strip text from <para> elements to help build a phrases input file.
 The program is called "make_index_markup.pl".  See news of the
current version and info for obtaining it at:

  http://programmer-to-programmer.blogspot.com/2011/02/aid-for-docbook-authors.html

The file can also be downloaded at:

  http://dropbox.com/u/18447611/make_index_markup.pl

Comments welcome.