Subject: Re: [docbook-apps] Ideas for GSoC 2011

I second the motion, but maybe there's not a huge hurry. My 2₵:

Help 3 (official name: Microsoft Help Viewer) is currently used only in
Visual Studio (and MSDN, in some form) -- MS does not yet consider it a
general purpose replacement for HTML Help.

Help 3 design is still a moving target. The original design was
minimalist in the extreme - no keyword index or search, I think. After a
lot of complaints from the user community, the MS Help 3 team recently
added many new features (in the latest Visual Studio 2010 Service Pack).

That said, Help 3 seems likely to eventually take hold. And since the
outputs will be mostly straight XHTML, maybe it's not too risky to get
started on the DocBook stylesheets.

Cheers,
Denis