Subject: Re: [docbook-apps] From where the reference to CSS is added

On Fri, Feb 11, 2011 at 1:26 PM, Sanjaya Liyanage <sanjayacl@gmail.com> wrote:
Hi Jeff,
     Yes that's the part I am looking for.But docbook users are not adding that part when they are writing their docbook XMLs.Because they are not aware of that.But that part should be inserted somewhere by the system in order to style them as the XMLs are styled not the generated html.

I think these two are two different paths. If docbook document is written to be transformed to another format (such as html), then this CSS is not necessary because CSS can be applied by the XSL file. Currently, most people transforms the XML to another format, so, for them this is not required.

To reference the CSS files at trunk/css/xml/docbook, you may have to copy those CSS files to the local folder where your docbook documents resides. It's the understanding I got after going through the trunk/css/xml/docbook/index.html. It gives the CSS's as a tar ball (which you have to download and extracts at the folder you need) although the links seems to be broken. May be this needs some more documentation on how to configure things. There are some developers under the CREDITS file in the same folder, they might be able to give you more details. This is according to my understanding, I may be wrong!

Thanks,
Kasun

thank you
Sanjaya