Subject: Generating both a short TOC and TOC for a book?

Hello, for a Docbook-based PDF document my company is generating I've
had a request to generate a book-level short Table of Contents (that
might just have chapter listings, or chapter and top-level sections) *in
addition to* and just preceding the normally generated TOC.

Looking at the Docbook stylesheet guide[1], it appears I can generate
only one book-level TOC (whether a normal or short TOC, depending on the
items I choose to add to the TOC.)  If I want to generate two TOCs, it
looks like I'll have to override the d:book template in
fo/division.xsl[2] and create another template similar to
"make.book.tocs"[3] that takes a parameter providing the "generate.toc"
value (which I can call once with the regular TOC and once with the
short TOC).  Is that the case? or is there a simpler way to generate
both a long and a short TOC for a book?

Thanks,
Glen

[1] http://www.sagehill.net/docbookxsl/TOCcontrol.html