Subject: Re: [docbook-apps] Horizontal Space inside Table

Did you consider putting each line inside a programlisting inside the entry element?  For example:

<row><entry><programlisting>    &lt;para&gt;some text&lt;/para&gt;</programlisting></entry></row>
That would give you the monospaced spacing you need.  You might need to adjust the styling of programlisting for space-after, though.

Sent: Thursday, February 17, 2011 12:27 PM
Subject: [docbook-apps] Horizontal Space inside Table

Hello group:
Hope that this is the right list for this sort of question. I have a challenge that I could use some help to find the best way to do this.
I have a table, <informaltable> to be more specific, which somewhat represents print out of XML codes.
Now if this were just regular content I could set it in something like <programlisting> or some other preformatted element, but in this case the elements are marked up as inside a table with each line of code as a row.

So the output I am looking to make is got to look somewhat XML code - like the following example.

<sect1>text
       <para>some text</para>
               <itemizedlist>
                    <listitem> etc..
               </itemizedlist>
</sect1>

an example using "_" to ensure spacing is depicted as desired.
<sect1>text
____<para>some text</para>
_______<itemizedlist>
___________<listitem> etc..
_______</itemizedlist>
</sect1>

To show the output needs to be indented as in the above examples.
It is in a table...
<row><entry>&lt;itemizedlist  etc..

and output looks like :
<sect1>text
<para>some text</para>
<itemizedlist>
<listitem> etc..

This is not really a problem in HTML can use &nbsp; or CSS to create indents.
However I need something that will work for FO/PDF output as well.

Is there any docbook tool, processing instruction, code, that can do this?
Someone else must have had something similar?
What is best way to get horizontal spacing and indents to pass through, like preformatted text, inside a table??

Just looking for some ideas.

Thank you in advance.

/Gregorio