Subject: Re: [docbook-apps] Problem with cover

Hi Jacques,
I'm trying to picture your output in my mind, and I think what you are seeing is a
page that has the content of your "front.cover" template, followed by a titlepage with
the book's title and author, followed by a copyright page.  I infer that from this:

"I still have a kind of cover, after the front cover I made."

I'm guessing that this is the standard DocBook recto title page, which would appear
after the cover page if that is defined.  Do you desire to have just the cover page
and the copyright page in your output?

From: "Jacques Foucry" <jacques@foucry.net>
To: "docbook-apps" <docbook-apps@lists.oasis-open.org>
Sent: Wednesday, March 02, 2011 5:38 AM

Le 01.03.2011 18:48, Bob Stayton a écrit :
> Support for the cover element has not yet been added to the
> stylesheets.  Currently the only help in XSL is a pair of empty
> placeholder templates named 'front.cover' and 'back.cover' that are
> called at the beginning of a book and the end, respectively. The
> front.cover template could be customized to generate a cover from the
> elements in info (including cover), but you would need to write such a
> template yourself.

I found in the list archive an answer form you:

> So here is a better example:
>
> <xsl:template name="front.cover">
>  <xsl:call-template name="page.sequence">
>    <xsl:with-param name="master-reference">titlepage</xsl:with-param>
>    <xsl:with-param name="content">
>      <fo:block text-align="center" [add any other block properties here]>
>        <fo:external-graphic src="url(fo-images/criteria-tag312.jpg)"
> content-width="7cm" [add any other image properties here]/>
>      </fo:block>
>    </xsl:with-param>
>  </xsl:call-template>
> </xsl:template>

I put this sample on my custom stylesheet and it seems to work.

I wrote "seems to work" because, even a remove all <cover> references, I
still have a kind of cover, after the front cover I made.

In the front.cover template I added some search for informations about
my book:

  <xsl:template name="front.cover">
  <xsl:call-template name="page.sequence">
    <xsl:with-param name="master-reference">titlepage</xsl:with-param>
    <xsl:with-param name="content">
      <fo:block text-align="center">
  <fo:inline font-size="24pt">
  <xsl:apply-templates mode="book.titlepage.recto"
select="d:info/d:authorgroup/d:author/d:personname/d:firstname"/>
  <xsl:text> NAME</xsl:text>
  </fo:inline>
        <fo:external-graphic src="url(images/Serveur.tif)"
content-width="7cm"/>
      </fo:block>
    </xsl:with-param>
  </xsl:call-template>
  </xsl:template>

But the firstname does not appears (the NAME after does). In my docbook
file the fistname... exist :

> <info>
> <title>Mac OS X Server à votre service</title>
> <edition>Seconde</edition>
> <authorgroup>
> <author>
> <personname>
> <firstname>Jacques</firstname>
> <surname>Foucry</surname>
> </personname>
> </author>
> </authorgroup>

So my questions are: how can I delete the <cover> and with my firstname
does not appears.

Thanks in advance,

Jacques