Subject: RE: Generating separate closing tags in XHTML webhelp output

Peter Desjardins [mailto:peter.desjardins.us@gmail.com] wrote:

> The webhelp.xsl file in the DocBook webhelp distribution already sets
> the output method to HTML but I still see <a id="something" /> in the
> resulting XHTML. I'm not sure it's possible to convince Saxon to use
> separate closing tags for empty elements in XHTML. Is anyone able to
> generate XHTML with separate closing tags using Saxon?

A trick I have used is to insert a comment in the output between the start and end tags (using <xsl:comment>), and that forces the tag separation.

*************************
Rob Cavicchio
Principal Technical Writer & Information Architect
EMC Captiva
Information Intelligence Group
EMC Corporation
3721 Valley Centre Drive, Ste 200
San Diego, CA 92130

P: (858) 320-1208
F: (858) 320-1010
E: rob.cavicchio@emc.com

The opinions expressed here are my personal opinions. Content published here is not read or approved in advance by EMC and does not necessarily reflect the views and opinions of EMC.