Subject: Re: [docbook-apps] RE: Who is supporting epub on this list?

Hi Robert

The tutorial sounds like a great idea.

I'm doing a lot of Kindle work at the moment - one of my clients has a system that generates DocBook XML from (very carefully styled) InDesign documents and then uses that to create EPUB. That client and myself share a publisher client (publishing is just a tad incestuous) who is having major Kindle issues because of exactly the problems you describe. I've been wondering how hard it would be to create a variant on the current stylesheets that generates 'simplistic html'.

Related - in the UK my two largest publishing clients (two of the more major trade publishers) are selling over 80% of their eBook output on Kindle so this is a real issue.

cheers

nic