Subject: Re: [docbook-apps] RE: Who is supporting epub on this list?

Hi, Nic

I know, why should docbook people worry about mobipocket -- except of
course in the USA it accounts for probably 50% of ebook sales!.  I
personally wouldn't shed a tear if/when Amazon put that damnable
format out of its misery.

The idea of Mobipocket tripping up as a result of extra div tags for
docbook SECTIONS has made me wonder whether future versions of
docbook  epub stylesheets (or  the docbook html ones) ought to
surround sections with DIV tags.  It's hard for me to think of a
general use case where for html output having that surrounding DIV tag
would be helpful. (maybe in html output if you wanted to have multiple
columns of content, I suppose).

Among the many problems of aiming for Kindle output is that  you have
to  preprocess the xml to make things work and where  two-pass
profiling won't solve the problem. Perhaps I can add a conditional
Kindle-only bridgehead element, but if I turned off Sections for
Kindles, that would also turn off all the elements contained within it
as well.

rj

--
Robert Nagle