Subject: Re: [docbook-apps] Best practice for multilanguage Docbook?

Hi,

I transformed a English Russian course and I use the "foreignphrase"
attribute to mark the Russian parts; the main language is English.

The main problem you'll encounter is the hyphenation: only the master
language of the document is treated; here, the Russian parts are not
hyphenated, and it looks somewhat ugly ... specially in table cells.

I commit a request/bug for that ... but it's not solved for the moment.

(I use fop to generate the pdf format, and it is a FOP problem).

I still don't know how to deal with the problem. Maybe, I'll use dblatex
to use the TeX engine which works perfectly. But there are some missing
parts in DBlatex. (parts of docbook not treated).

I'd be happy if there is a way to do it with fop.

Eric!
-----