Subject: xinclude and olinking with entities

Hello,
I do have a problem when assembling new documents with xincludes, turning external olinks to internal links by using entity-references, as it is described here:

http://www.sagehill.net/docbookxsl/modular-olinks.html

I put a reference to an external entity-declaration in a master document, i.e. one with includes, like that:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<!DOCTYPE book[
<!ENTITY % entity SYSTEM "entities.ent" >
%entity;
]>

and have within that entities.ent - file all entities resolved to the master document, say master.xml:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<!-- this is the entity-mapping for generating a frame document -->
<!ENTITY thisgoal "master">
<!ENTITY thatgoal "master">
<!ENTITY anothergoal "master">

If the olinks in a included document are set like that:

<olink  targetptr="targetindoc"  targetdoc="&thisgoal;" />
then everything works fine since &thisgoal; is resolved to master.

But when I now include a part of that document into another one in a different folder, say master_2.xml and make for that another entities.ent file in that same different folder:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<!-- this is the entity-mapping for generating a frame document -->
<!ENTITY thisgoal "master_2">
<!ENTITY thatgoal "master_2">
<!ENTITY anothergoal "master_2">

then the entities in the included file are still resolved according to the entities.ent where they are originally declared, which I find strange.

I thought the entities would then be resolved according to the declaration of the including file, so that the olinks are correctly transformed to internal links.

So it seems that the entities are being resolved before the include takes place?

Any help is appreciated.

cheers
Benno