Subject: RE: [docbook-apps] Serializing DB 5 with XOM: wrong encoding

I just tried to process a couple of UTF-8 documents with XIncludeDriver
(using XOM 1.2.6), and there were no errors. Unencodable characters were
escaped as numeric character references in the output.

The encoding is hardcoded in XIncludeDriver.java:

 Serializer outputter = new Serializer(System.out, "ISO-8859-1");

This may be a little unfortunate (and not too hard to fix), but
XIncludeDriver is just a sample application after all.

Mauritz