Subject: Re: [docbook-apps] Non Western scripts, in a program listing

On Tue, 19 Apr 2011 15:01:34 +0200
Jirka Kosek <jirka@kosek.cz> wrote:

> Dave Pawson wrote:
>
> > IMHO it is definitely a stylesheet issue?
>
> I don't think so.
>
> > Ah reports
> > AHFCmd :INFO: Error Level : 1
> > AHFCmd :INFO: Error Code  : 24322 (5F02)
> > AHFCmd :INFO: Missing glyph U+05D8 (ט) in 'SimSun'.
> > AHFCmd :INFO: Line 40, Col 431, op.fo
> >
> > I.e.
> > <xsl:param name="monospace.font.family">Courier,  BSTHebrew,
> > SimSun</xsl:param>
> >
> > So it has (seems like) searched all the fonts and reports the glyph
> > missing on the last one?
>
> Why you are using SimSun with DocBook if you tested only Arial in a
> standalone FO? You should test with Courier,  BSTHebrew,
> SimSun first on standalone FO.

The same file contains Japanese as well as the Hebrew?

I'm thinking the font I have doesn't cover the code points I've used.
I've sought advice on a better font.

Wow. Just tried it with Arial included. It has the Hebrew font coverage!
Just left with a couple of Japanese words.

 Traditional Japanese uses <phrase
xml:lang="ja">縦書き</phrase> (tategaki) which is <tag
class='attvalue'>tb-rl</tag> and modern Japanese uses <phrase
xml:lang="ja">横書き </phrase>(yokogaki),

This is failing...  resolved by setting
<xsl:param name="body.font.family">Arial, Simsun</xsl:param>

I'll change the font when I know more, but I no longer have missing
glyphs.

Thanks Jirka.

--

regards