Subject: Re: [docbook-apps] dbhtml-include and entities

Hi Tim,

On Thu, Apr 21, 2011 at 02:01, Tim Arnold <Tim.Arnold@sas.com> wrote:
> [snip]
> I'm using xsltproc on FreeBSD and I only get back this error during processing:
>  parser error : Entity 'nbsp' not defined <td class="r data">&nbsp;</td>
>
> I don't have write access to the files I'm including, at least not easily.
>
> Would you say that's the only way to solve the problem (string-replacing the named entity with the numbered kind)?

I’m not /sure/ that’s the only solution; the point is that you need to
make the processor aware of the entity ‘&nbsp;’ within the documents
being included.  If you look at html/pi.xsl line 1046[1], the
stylesheet uses the XSLT ‘document()’ function to slurp the contents
of each included document, so I don’t think there’s anything you can
change in the process.

Aankhen

[1]: http://docbook.svn.sourceforge.net/viewvc/docbook/trunk/xsl/html/pi.xsl?revision=8394&view=markup#l1046