Subject: epub: can you suppress html TOC?

Here's one thing I noticed.

When I run the epub xsl, it  creates an HTML TOC regardless of whether
you have a
<xsl:param name="generate.toc"> </xsl> statement.

When I commented out that parameter, the html TOC still appears.

Is there any special trick to suppressing the TOC?

Note: in epubs, you don't need an HTML TOC because the ereading device
usually detects the TOC from the toc.ncx . It's not a huge problem to
have the epub start with an actual toc.html (and it's required in
Kindle), but it just gets  in the way when you're reading an epub in
Adobe Digital Editions or the ipad. It's just 2 or 3 pages you don't
actually need.

Any ideas about how to do this? Thanks.

(V1.76.1 version, vanilla xsl)

rj

Robert Nagle
6121 Winsome Ln #56C, Houston TX 77057-5573
(H) 713 893 3424/ (W) 832-251-7522 Carbon Neutral Since Jan 2010
http://www.robertnagle.info