Subject: Oxygen 12.2 + epub + twitter discussion

A few quick announcements.

Oxygen 12.2 now has  a docbook to epub transcript built into it. I'll
test it out and  write  up a report by next week. (I use Liza Daly's
python script, so  I don't NEED Oxygen to do the transforms, but it
would be nice if it did --especially to be able to use Saxon parser.

Also: I follow an ongoing twitter discussion about epub production.
http://twitter.com/#!/search?q=%23ePrdctn Next Wednesday morning
(about 10 or 11 AM CST)  George Bina from Oxygen will be a featured
guest on the channel, and I'll be adding my two cents. Epub creators
might enjoy this. (I'll post a reminder the day before after  I
confirm the speaker and time).

In other news, there are substantial rumors that Amazon will be
accepting & even selling epub files .
http://goodereader.com/blog/tablet-slates/amazon-to-allow-epub-ebooks-on-the-kindle-e-reader/
That is a big deal for  docbook 2 epub creators. Personally I found
that docbook and mobipocket didn't play nicely together at all. (and I
dont' blame docbook for that).  I spent way too much of my time making
the epub work for kindlegen...

rj

--
Robert Nagle
6121 Winsome Ln #56C, Houston TX 77057-5573