Subject: How to transform the content of a <para> element ?

Hi all,

With an element <para> like this :

<para>
  This is a test.
  <emphasis>
    This is another phrase.
  </emphasis>
</para>

I want to obtain : Zhis is a test. Zhis is another phrase.
where 'Z' replaces all occurrences of 'T'.

The customization layer is :

<!-- Essai de substitution -->
<xsl:template match="db5:para">
  <xsl:variable name="texte" select="translate(text(),'T','Z')" />
  <fo:block xsl:use-attribute-sets="normal.para.spacing">
	  <xsl:value-of select="$texte" />
	  <xsl:call-template name="anchor" />
	  <xsl:apply-templates />
  </fo:block>
</xsl:template>

The content of <para> is outputed like this  : Zhis is a test. This is a test. This is another phrase.

1) I do not understand why the content before <emphasis> is outputed two times ;
2) how can I customize so that the content of <emphasis> will be also translated.

For the first point, I think that $texte is outputed (Zhis is a test.) and then <apply-templates> output This is a test. Is that right ?

Can someone help me ?

Many thanks.
--
Christophe HARO