Subject: Re: [docbook-apps] Draftmode image location

Hello,

Another alternative that seems to work across versions of the stylesheets as long as you have web access is to point to http://docbook.sourceforge.net/release/images/draft.png.

Regards,
Mark

On Wed, May 25, 2011 at 9:40 PM, Barton Wright <bwright@streambase.com> wrote:

You could set up a symbolic link in your ../../doctools/ directory. Name the symlink docbook-xsl and have it always point to the latest docbook-xsl-version that you’re using.

Then you:

-- always select “../../doctools/docbook-xsl/images/draft.png” and never have to edit the path

-- change only the symlink to start using a new XSL version

This even works nowadays on Windows 7, which has real symbolic links that you create with the mklink command.

From: DeanNelson@aol.com [mailto:DeanNelson@aol.com]
Sent: Wednesday, May 25, 2011 3:19 PM
To: docbook-apps@lists.oasis-open.org
Subject: [docbook-apps] Draftmode image location

All

1. Is there a better way of accessing the draft.png file in stock docbook xsl tree from my customization layer so I don't have to change the version number every time I update the XSL to a new version?

   <xsl:param name="draft.watermark.image" select="'../../doctools/docbook-xsl-1.76.1/images/images/draft.png'"/>

Could there be a standard docbook-xsl version ENTITY that I can build a path from?

Like this?

   <xsl:param name="draft.watermark.image" select="'../../doctools/&DOCBOOK_XSL_VERSION;/images/images/draft.png'"/>

2. Is there are parameter that can be set, similar to base.dir, that points to the base location of the stylesheets? Then the callout, draft image, and other locations could be relative to that directory.

How do other folks get around this without hand tuning paths every time a version changes?

Regards,

Dean Nelson