Subject: Creating titlepage chunks for epub

John Green posted a question on 3 December 2009 about how to create titlepages for epub, and now I'm at that stage. I have the following elements nested in a book info element:
<title> Australia&#8217; s Biodiversity and Climate Change</title>

<subtitle>A strategic assessment of the vulnerability of <?lnbr?>Australia’s biodiversity to
            climate change
</subtitle>

<authorgroup>

<author>

<personname>Will Steffen </personname>

</author>

<othercredit>

<personname>Andrew A Burbidge </personname>

</othercredit>

<othercredit>

<personname>Lesley Hughes </personname>

</othercredit>

<othercredit>

<personname>Roger Kitching </personname>

</othercredit>

<othercredit>

<personname>David Lindenmayer </personname>

</othercredit>

</authorgroup>

<authorgroup>

<othercredit>

<personname>Warren Musgrave </personname>

</othercredit>

<othercredit>

<personname>Mark Stafford Smith </personname>

</othercredit>

<othercredit>

<personname>Patricia A Werner </personname>

</othercredit>

<editor>

<personname>David Gardiner </personname>

</editor>

</authorgroup>

<mediaobject>

<textobject>

<phrase> red lettuce logo</phrase>

</textobject>

<imageobject role="fo">

<imagedata fileref = "images/redlettucelogo.gif" format="GIF" scale="50" valign ="top"
                    align="center" />

</imageobject>

<imageobject role="html">

<imagedata fileref = "images/redlettucelogo.gif" format="GIF" align="center"
                    width="250px" />

</imageobject>

</mediaobject>

I've been able to output this content in a web page using XHTML1_1  stylesheets, but has any progress been made on developing epub stylesheet code that creates separate chunks for book titlepage recto and verso? Or do I need to experiment with the XHTML code to try creating chunks?
Thanks,

Dave Gardiner