Subject: Change footnote/endnote grouping level

Hi,

I’m working on a <book> document (several files pulled together with Xinclude) with dozens of <chapters>. I’m outputting to a single HTML file via docbook-xsl-ns. I have a footnote in every chapter, and in single-file HTML output, the each footnote is grouped at the end of each chapter.

For the purposes of my book, I’d like to group ALL footnotes for the entire book at the end of the HTML file (they would come last--endnotes, really) with links created between them. Is there a relatively simple way to customize the HTML output for this? I see some instructions in Bob’s book for making endnotes in FO, but I don’t really see how to translate those instructions to single-file HTML.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thank you.

jz

Jason Zech | Project Manager, Digital Workflow | New Product Development
[ph] 773-281-1818 x212   [fax] 773-281-4129 | zech@loyolapress.com

LoyolaPress. | A Jesuit Ministry
3441 N. Ashland Ave. | Chicago, IL 60657 | www.loyolapress.com
Join our online community of advisors: www.SpiritedTalk.org